Formerly known as the Working Group for Stimulation of Caries Research, this Committee was set up in January 2005. The Committee is composed of the Vice president, the Past President and a member of the advisory Council of the Board, and chaired by the Vice President. The Committee aims to stimulate and facilitate research related to the aims of ORCA by a variety of methods:
- through periodic summer schools and saturday afternoon symposia held in association with the ORCA congresses;
- by helping organise summer schools or symposia in countries where cariology is developing or where ORCA is not yet present;
- by funding and advising young researchers from countries where cariology is developing or where ORCA is not yet present.
Announcements relating to these activities will be made each year in Issue 5 of Caries Research as well as on the ORCA website. Proposals for summer schools should be addressed to the Vice-President (Prof. Christian Splieth).
Prof. Dr. Christian H. Splieth
Preventive & Pediatric Dentistry
University of Greifswald
Tel +49 3834 867101
Fax+49 3834 867299
ORCA Conference Travel Fellowships
These fellowships may be available in 2019, to assist attendance at an ORCA Congress.
Researchers in the field of caries or related subjects will be eligible, and preference will be given to workers from underprivileged countries. Each fellowship will have a value up to EUR 1,200 as a contribution to costs of attending the Congress. The applicant should prepare either:
(1) an abstract of research results, prepared according to the ‘Instructions for Authors of Abstracts’ (see above), or
(2) a proposal for a research project to be carried out by the applicant. The proposal should have a clear aim and describe the methods to be used. The project should be original work, to be executed in their own institute by the applicant and young co-workers. The research should potentially lead to a publication in an indexed journal.
Finally applicants should have an adequate mastery of English because, if successful, they will discuss their proposal with experts at the congress. The application should include: (1) the abstract of research results or the research proposal, whichever is applicable; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a letter of recommendation from a senior staff member at the home institution; (4) a description of the applicant’s present position and current research work.
It is strongly recommended that those who wish to apply ask advice as early as possible from the ORCA Committee for Stimulation and Promotion of Research into Caries: Prof. Dr. Christian Splieth, University of Greifswald, Rotgerberstr. 8, 17487 Greifswald, Germany (e-mail: email@example.com).
Applicant should submit their application by the ORCA congress submission deadline to the Secretary General: Dr.Ir. Monique H. van der Veen, Department of Preventive Dentistry, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam, Gustav Mahlerlaan 3004, 1081 LA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)